It is possible to upgrade the vSEC:CMS application license at any time. This article will describe how you can manage updating your licenses when required.
License Update Procedure
From the vSEC:CMS Operator Console (OC) navigate to Options - License. From this page it will be possible to add additional licenses.
You need to be logged into the OC as an Operator that has permissions to access Options - License page.
If user licenses are to be upgraded (increased) click the Get challenge button to generate a challenge and click the Copy button to copy this value to the PC clipboard.
Paste this value to a text file and send this to your vendor that provided the vSEC:CMS. The vendor can then generate a new license key, which should be entered into the Upgrade field and click the Upgrade button to complete the license upgrade.
You can generate a license request and close the console and enter the response code later when you get it from your provider.
From the Options - License page you can retrieve additional information about your license. Clicking the View License button will show the following details:
- Type: This is the type of license you have. This can be perpetual or subscription depending on the licensing model you chose. It is possible to switch between perpetual or subscription model.
- Customer: The name of the customer that the license was issued to. This can be changed if required by submitting a license update request.
- License Id: The unique license ID.
- Number of credentials: The number of credentials that can be managed with the current license.
- License token issue time: Timestamp of when the license was applied to the system.
- Transaction Id: Transaction ID for when the license was applied.
- Last verify time: Timestamp when the current license was last verified against Versasec’s online licensing service. This is for subscription licenses if that model is used.
- Last verify result: The result from the last verify of license. This is for subscription licenses if that model is used. Perpetual licenses will always be valid.
Click the Verify License button to perform an online check of the current license. This is for subscription based licenses to verify the current licenses against Versasec’s online licensing service.
Click the Activate button to switch from perpetual to subscription or vice versa depending on what current model you are on. If you are switching you will need to inform your provider as a change will need to be made by Versasec before the switch can be made.