For the vSEC:CMS, in the unlikely event that the application needs to be reinstalled it is possible to restore the application such that the application will be restored to its previous state before the reinstall. Follow the instructions below to restore the vSEC:CMS application.
If you are restoring vSEC:CMS from version 5.8 or above then before starting a restore it is important that you have a backup database file available.
If you are restoring vSEC:CMS from version before 5.8 then before starting a restore it is important that you have a backup database file available and that you have knowledge of the backup database passcode.
Depending on which version of vSEC:CMS you are restoring from, different procedures should be followed. Only follow the instructions in the sections below that are applicable to your setup.
Restore From Versions 5.8 or Above
If you are running version 5.8 or above then following the instructions here to perform a restore.
1. If you are attempting to restore vSEC:CMS on a server where vSEC:CMS was installed before it will be necessary to remove the previous version. Follow the instructions in the article Uninstall vSEC:CMS to remove the previous version.
2. Install a clean installation of the vSEC:CMS as described in the section Setup in the article Setup Evaluation Version.
If you had the vSEC:CMS Service configured to run under a dedicated Windows account (this is the recommended way to run the vSEC:CMS Service) then follow the instructions in the article Configure Dedicated Windows Service Account to set this up before moving to the next step.
3. Start the vSEC:CMS and on the first start up you get prompted to set a passcode like below.
Select Later as you should not set a passcode at this step.
From file menu select File - System Restore.
You will be prompted to browse to the location where the backup file is located. Select the backup file and click Open.
The restore procedure will now take place. On successful completion a success dialog will appear. Your system will now be restored.
It is necessary to manually restart the vSEC:CMS Service at this time.
Restore From Versions Before 5.8
If you are running a version below version 5.8 then follow the instructions here to perform a restore.
1. If you are attempting to do the restore onto the same server where vSEC:CMS was running before then perform an uninstall as described in the Uninstall vSEC:CMS article.
2. Perform a clean installation of the vSEC:CMS.
3. With the System Owner card or a Fully Featured operator card attached that has a role that includes System Administrator, start the vSEC:CMS console on the server.
4. The operator will be prompted to browse to the location where the backup database file is located. Browse to the backup file. The name for the backed-up database file should be OperatorTool_Audit.db.bak. On selecting the database file, enter the operator passcode and the backup database file passcode as was created during the initialization phase of the original installation.
5. If the vSEC:CMS is configured to use key store then you will need to go to Options – Operators and select the key store operator and click the Activate button.
6. Click the Ok button to complete the restore.