It is possible to configure vSEC:CMS such that it is will be possible to issue and manage credentials supported by the Cryptovision minidriver applet.
This article will describe the pre-requisites that need to be in place before it will be possible to manage such credentials. Once the pre-requisites are in place, managing such credentials is the same as managing any other credential in vSEC:CMS.
- The Cryptovision minidriver SCinterface needs to be installed on any server or client where the vSEC:CMS is to be used. It is important to select the Smart Card Minidriver option during the installation of the Cryptovision SCinterface minidriver (not the read-only version);
- The file ini from SCinterface needs to be placed in the root of the vSEC:CMS installation folder on any host where the vSEC:CMS console is used to manage such credentials. The root installation folder is typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Versasec\vSEC_CMS S-Series;
- The file ini from SCinterface needs to be placed in the root of the vSEC:CMS installation folder on any host where the vSEC:CMS User Self-Service (USS) is used to manage such credentials. The root installation folder is typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Versasec\ vSEC_CMS Self-service;
- From Options – Smart Cards click the Add button. Attach a credential that supports the Cryptovision applet and click the Add button. Click the Get button. This will autofill the fields and click Ok.
- Enable Initialize the token at registration which will result in the Cryptovision applet being written to the credential when the credential is being issued with vSEC:CMS. Click the Save button to save the credential configuration.
You can now go and manage such credentials like any other supported credential in vSEC:CMS.