This article provides the basic instructions on how to configure Okta support to be used in conjunction with vSEC:CMS when authenticating to your Okta IDP with a vSEC:CMS managed FIDO2 credential. It is expected that readers of this article have access to an Okta environment and are skilled in administrating Okta applications.
Okta Configuration Steps
We will describe step-by-step on the basic configuration needed for using Okta in order to register a supported FIDO token into Okta.
1. From Applications select Create App Integration
2. Select API Services and Next
3. Enter a name for the application and Save
4. From the General tab select Edit
5. Select Public key/Private key, Save keys in Okta and Add key
6. Select Generate new key, PEM and Copy to clipboard. Save the private key to a secure file location. This file will be required later what configuring the vSEC:CMS Okta connector.
Click Done to complete.
7. Click Save
8. Click Save
9. In the Okta API Scopes tab grant consent to the below scopes
10. From Security - Authenticators make sure that FIDO2 (WebAuthn) is in list of authenticators.
Please sign in to leave a comment.