This article has been created to show customers how to automatically start vSEC:CMS services if only the vSEC:CMS Service is running after a boot up as shown below:
This is an optional configuration to vSEC Customers to avoid having to manually boot each service.
It is recommended to only apply this method to the following services if they have already been set up in Options-Connections:
- vSEC:CMS - Operator Console Service
- vSEC:CMS - RSDM Service
- vSEC:CMS - User Self Service
Keep in mind that you must perform these steps for each service starting with "vSEC:CMS Service".
- Right-click the vSEC:CMS service that doesn't boot up and select Properties
- Copy the Service name in the General tab
- Create a new text document and enter the following:
- @echo off
- net start "Service name"
- Save the file as a .bat
- Open Task Scheduler and select "Create Task..."
- Give the task a Name, Check Run with highest privileges, Triggers-New-"Begin the task"-At Startup, delay the task for 30 seconds and press OK
- Actions-New, Browse... and select the batch file that was created in the previous steps
- Each batch file must be created per service as you can't start all services at the same time.
- It is recommended for each new scheduled task, you set the delay from 30 seconds for your first service then 60 seconds for your second service, and so on.
- Some environments may constitute different delayed times depending on the speed and this should be taken into consideration.
- Please keep in mind that each environment is different and that the settings may be configured to how the organization sees fit.